Updated: Jun 19, 2022
Not everyone has heard about or knows exactly what health & well-being coaching is, so I’m posting the top 12 reasons clients seek out the support of a health & well-being coach to partner with them along their journey to achieving their goals.
1. Quick fixes over: “I’m done with quick fixes & want to make changes that last.”
2. Precious asset: “I have decided that my well-being is my most precious asset, & I‘m ready to invest for the long term.”
3. Get off the fence: “I am fed up with sitting on a fence & want to commit to a wellness path.“
4. Not about weight: “I realize that it’s about well-being & not weight.”
5. Be the boss: “I want to be the boss of my health & wellness & quit delegating responsibility to others.”
6. Health style: “I’d like to develop my unique style of health rather than use one-size-fits-all approaches.”
7. Mental game: “I know what to do & now want to master the mental game, turning intention into reality.”
8. Peak performance: “I recognize that to reach peak performance at home & work, I need peak wellness.”
9. Big picture/small steps: “I know that an extreme makeover isn’t the answer, & I want to take small steps which are powerful.”
10. Confidence: “I’m finished with self-doubt & want to build confidence in my ability to master wellness.”
11. Winning the wellness game: “I want to focus on winning the wellness game & not losing or quitting.”
12. Close the gap: “I want to close the gap between where I am & where I want to be when it comes to my health & well-being.”
Ref: Moore, Jackson, Tschannen-Moran. Wellcoaches: Coaching Psychology Manual 2nd Edition, p.10.